This is just poetry. It won't save you, but it may locate you so that a rescue party can be sent out. — Dean Blehert

Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Three silly puns

If all my words from you I've nipped,
O muse, am I the man you script?
_____

Envy is a disturbed state,
and so, in short, is NV.
_____

Kinky sex saps an artist--you can see
the craft ebbing.
_____

Notes: Re the first one -- one day I realized that I'm the one who writes my poems. I've eliminated the middlelady muse. I'm not the "man you [muse] script" -- and not the manuscript, but the writer of this script tease.

Re the second, maybe too obvious to mention, but NV is "in short" because it's two letters shy of ENVY.

Re the third: Some of you may not have heard of Baron Richard von Krafft-Ebing ("craft ebbing" -- though that's not how "Ebing" is pronounced, alas), a German Neurologist (1840-1942) who wrote a notorious book (or books?) detailing the oddities of sexuality. It's a "serious" work, but also, for many, a source of exotic erotic items to leer about.

No comments: